Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Dreams feel real when we're in them..."

"Dreams feel real when we're in them..."
"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules."
I finally saw Inception today, which is a funny thing to say when the movie has only been out for a day and a half before I saw it. That's how big this movie was because I couldn't handle being on the internet (mostly Tumblr) and seeing so many images from a movie I was so excited for, but haven't seen yet.


I don't want to spoil anyone, so I will just say go see it. I was worried it might have been overhyped and I wouldn't enjoy it as much, but it still blew my mind. I didn't think it was as cerebral as everyone was making out to be, but it definitely isn't a dumb movie (I'm one who usually abhor dumb movies), but I'm not sure how thinky-thoughts it really is. It's still great great GREAT.

One of my favorite things about this movie that I love is that it uses characteristics from many different genres. I was on the edge of my seat (annoyingly, but understandably, the girl next to be was flailing every other minute during the last hour of the movie), trying to figure out where each piece of the puzzle was placed in the bigger story, I laughed, almost cried. I was completely involved the entire way through.

It's not perfect, and I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it was a damn good piece of film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

find what you want